Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is one of GlobalNet’s popular certification in computer networking. The CCNA Routing and Switching validates the ability to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks. By achieving such a reputable Cisco CCNA certificate with GlobalNet, it could prove your skills and expertise on Cisco Systems to prospective employers.
The course provides students with valuable knowledge and skills that directly transfer from the classroom to the workplace. Our Cisco lab consists of full set of very latest equipment suitable for training the candidates for the Cisco CCNA and CCNP exams. Please pay a visit to our centres to see the facilities and to discuss about your requirements.
At GlobalNet we deliver instructor led, hands-on classroom-based training in a very professional environment by well experienced trainers who would constantly guide you to achieve your goal.
Our locations are easily accessible by public transportation. Flexibility is our approach, whether you are working full-time or looking for a job; we have classes running during the days, evenings and weekends.
Operation of IP Data Networks
- Operation of IP Data Networks
- Recognize the purpose and functions of Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification.
- Identify common applications and their impact on the network
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Predict the data flow between two hosts across a network.
- Identify the appropriate media/cables/ports/connectors to connect Cisco devices to other devices.
IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6)
- Describe IPv4 addresses
- Describe IPv6 addresses
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing in a LAN/WAN environment
- Understand IPv4 addressing scheme using subnetting and VLSM
- Understand the process of summarization
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual stack
- Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router)
- Identify the basic operation of NAT
- Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
- Configure and verify NTP as a client
- Recognize High availability (FHRP)
- Configure and verify Syslog
- Describe SNMP v2 & v3
- Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management.
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and ssh.
- Identify enhanced switching technologies
- Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them.
- Configure and verify VLANs
- Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switches
- Configure and verify PVSTP operation
Network Device Security
- Configure and verify network device security features
- Configure and verify Switch Port Security
- Configure and verify ACLs to filter network traffic
- Configure and verify an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
Implementing an EIGRP-Based Solution
- Implementing EIGRP
- Implementing EIGRP for IPv6
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
Implementing a Scalable OSPF-Based Solution
- Understanding OSPF
- Multiarea OSPF IPv4 Implementation
- Implementing OSPFv3 for IPv6
Implementing Wide Area Networks
- Understanding WAN Technologies
- Understanding Point-to-Point Protocols
- Configuring GRE Tunnels
- Configuring Single-Homed EBGP
Network Device Management
- Implementing Basic Network Device Management
- Evolution of Intelligent Networks
- Introducing QoS
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Identify and correct common network problems
- Troubleshoot and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations
- Troubleshootand Resolve VLAN problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve trunking problems on Cisco switches
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Spanning Tree operation issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve routing issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve OSPF problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve EIGRP problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve interVLAN routing problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve ACL issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve WAN implementation issues
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Layer 1 problems
- Troubleshoot Etherchannel problems